Band Newsletter for Week of November 13, 2017
In This Issue:
- TMEA All-District Auditions
- Beverage Fundraiser Pick Up Day
- Band and Colorguard Parent Meeting
- Trip to Orlando
- Band and Guard Fees PAST DUE
- Official Stevens Band Calendar
- Follow Us/Stay Connected
- Upcoming Events
Students have been working toward this week since the summer, along with marching band events, and in their limited time away from school work. Stevens will have 52 members audition for the TMEA All-District Band on Wednesday & Thursday (11/15 & 11/16) at Warren HS!!! We are so proud to have so many students representing our band program at this important event!! Best wishes and good vibes go out to all of our wonderful and well prepared auditionees!!! Here are some details:
- Some students audition on BOTH DAYS! Here is the list of those instruments:
- Flutes – Wed: Slow Etude, Thurs: Remaining Etudes
- Clarinets – Wed: Slow Etude, Thurs: Remaining EtudeS
- Trumpets – Wed: Slow Etude, Thurs: Remaining Etudes
- Percussion – Wed: 2 Etudes, Thurs: Remaining Etudes
- Some students audition on WEDNESDAY ONLY! Here is the list of those instruments:
- Bassoon – 3 Etudes
- Bass Clarinet – 3 Etudes
- Euphonium – 3 Etudes
- Tuba – 3 Etudes
- Some students audition on THURSDAY ONLY! Here is the list of those instruments:
- Piccolo – 3 Etudes
- Alto Sax – 3 Etudes
- French Horn – 3 Etudes
- Trombone – 3 Etudes
- Auditioning students should plan to arrive at Warren around 4:45PM to check in and do some light warm up (don’t over play!). If you are not auditioning, do not come to Warren on these days…(this has happened -_-).
- There may be some light concessions for sale at Warren, but I have not received any information on that item. Plan as necessary.
- Transportation will not be provided by SHS. If students have ride issues, they should inform the directors on Monday so an acceptable plan can be arranged
- All students enrolled to audition must attend and participate fully. A $16 fee for each student auditioning has been paid by the Stevens Band Boosters. Any auditionee listed as DNA (did not appear) at this audition must reimburse the band program for their entry fee.
- Represent #TeamStevens with class, character, and pride. You are the best musicians in our band program and you have stepped up to show just that. Have fun, keep a professional mindset, and go show everyone “Where It Starts”!! #ITSTARTSHERE #FalconPride
BEVERAGE FUNDRAISER PICK UP DAY
Due to many events this week (Vets Concert, 2 Concession events, Football game…) the order for these beverages will not be place until tomorrow (Monday). We will have to push the pick up date to this Friday.
***FRIDAY NOVEMBER 17 FROM 4:00PM-6:30PM***
TRIP TO ORLANDO
***THE NEXT PAYMENT IS DUE THIS WEEK! PLEASE MAKE YOUR BALANCES CURRENT!! THANK YOU***
- Go to https://www.charmsoffice.com/ and click on the blue Login button in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Login to the Charms system through the PARENTS/STUDENTS/MEMBERS area by entering the School Code of jpshsband. Hit the green button that says Enter Student/Parent Area.
- You will use 1 of the 3 options on this screen to enter your password:
- OPTION #1 – If trip participant is a current Stevens Band Student, enter your Charms password under Student Area Password (Case Sensitive!). Click on Finances. Near the center of the screen you will see an area that is titled Trip Ledger Detail. Click on the —–SELECT TRIP—– button and select 2018 Orlando Band Trip –Students. Click on the Make Trip Payment button and proceed to make a credit or debit card payment.
- OPTION #2 – If trip participant is a Parent, Chaperone, or family member – you must first email Mr. D at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your password. There is a separate account and password for every trip participant. Once you receive the email from Mr. D with your password, enter your Charms password under Trip Chaperone Password. Click on Trip Statement. You will see an area that is titled Chaperone Trip Statement. Click on the Select Trip to Pay button and select 2018 Orlando Band Trip –Chaperones. Click on the Make Trip Payment button and proceed to make a credit or debit card payment.
- OPTION #3 – Non-Parent Volunteer ID will not be used.
- You will see the amount you owe vary from students to non-student participants. This will change based on the number of participants staying in a room. We will discuss rooming lists at a later time, but if you know of someone you’d prefer to room with, begin discussing those possibilities with them.
- If you have any questions regarding the trip, please email email@example.com. It is going to be a blast!!
BAND & GUARD FEES PAST DUE
Any past due band or colorguard fees will be submitted to Stevens Administration this week. Please contact Mr. Dominguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-397-6521 if you have any questions regarding this matter.
OFFICIAL STEVENS BAND CALENDAR
- To the Senior Class of 2018 for all they’ve done to leave a lasting legacy for The Sound of Northside. High school marching band is over for you, but you have left the marching band better than when you entered. You are the finest examples of what high school students should become. #ThankYou
- To the Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band I for fine performances at the Veteran’s Day Program this past Thursday!
- To Ms. Cuellar for announcing for me at the game this past Saturday!! #WTG #Pachicano #LOL
- To Mr. Casiano, Mr. Taylor, & Mrs. Alvarado for taking over my responsibilities while I was in Indianapolis. I learned a lot in Indy, but I learn more from my colleagues every day. They are the definition of Awesome and Amazing.
FOLLOW US/STAY CONNECTED
- RECEIVE UPDATES VIA TEXT MESSAGE –
- Open the texting app on your phone
- Text to this phone number: 40404
- Message must be: FOLLOW NISDstevensband(follow in upper case, make sure there is a space between FOLLOW and NISDstevensband)
- BAND WEBSITE – www.jpshsband.org
- OFFICIAL STEVENS BAND CALENDAR – http://www.jpshsband.org/charms-calendar/
- FACEBOOK – www.facebook.com/jpsfalconband
- TWITTER – www.twitter.com/NISDstevensband
- INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/shs_thesound/?hl=en
- EMAIL – email@example.com
- SUBCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER – http://jpshsband.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=64bb707bd79613042f9be786e&id=81aebdbbdf
NOV 14 – Band & Colorguard Parent Meeting @7PM in LBH
NOV 15/16 – TMEA All-District Band Auditions @4:45PM at Warren
NOV 17 – Beverage Fundraiser products delivered 4:30PM-6:00PM
NOV 18-26 – Thanksgiving Break!!!
DEC 1 – Freshmen Region Band Auditions @SHS
DEC 2 – TMEA 6A All-Region Band Auditions @SHS (for students advancing past All-District)
DEC 4 – Jazz Band Christmas Concert @7PM in AUD
DEC 8-9 – Region Orchestra Clinic & Concert @SHS (for qualifying students)
DEC 11 – Band Christmas Concert @7PM in AUD
DEC 12 – Band Holiday Social for Students & Parents 6PM – 8PM (Students in LBH, Parent Potluck in SBH 🙂
***OFFICIAL STEVENS BAND CALENDAR – http://www.jpshsband.org/charms-calendar/
See ya soon 🙂 –