Mr D’s Newsletter #457
Band Newsletter for Week of October 23, 2017
In This Issue:
- THE WOODS Recap
- Band & Colorguard Picture Day
- TFME Middle School Region Mentoring
- Drumline At Murnin Elementary
- Rehearsal Schedule
- Trip to Orlando
- Band and Guard Fees Past Due
- Official Stevens Band Calendar
- Concessions Sign-Up!
- Follow Us/Stay Connected
- Upcoming Events
Many, many, many thanks to our Band Boosters and the Stevens Band Family for supporting The Sound this year and every year. You added fuel to the FIRE that brought THE WOODS to life this season!
Congratulations to the students that made this show a reality. Directors design, prepare, and plan, but without you making our dreams come true, THE WOODS would be just a cool idea. The members of The Sound made it real. Thank you for being the reason we come to work everyday. We love you all! On to the next challenge!! #ItStartsHere
BAND & COLORGUARD PICTURE DAY
Students were encouraged to pick up an order form envelope on Friday if parents didn’t already pick one up at the Band/Colorguard Parent meeting last week. We are using a different company this year. Packages start at $22 and the company offers a variety of items. Please pick one up on Monday if you are interested in purchasing. Picture purchasing is optional, but taking a picture is mandatory.
- WHAT? – Selected TFME members will mentor students from Pease and Vale on the middle school region music on Wednesday 10/25
- WHY? – Our middle schools are emphasizing the region process even more this year (just like we are) and need your help and expertise on your instrument.
- MEETING LOCATION? – Stevens Music areas from 5PM-7PM
- ATTIRE? – Any Stevens Band shirt, section shirt, competition shirt, etc.
- QUESTIONS? – See Mr. D for more details.
- It’s going to be a blast! More details on Monday!
DRUMLINE AT MURNIN ELEMENTARY
We do not have a football game this week. Our next game is Thursday Nov. 2 vs Jay at 7PM @GUS
For All Band & Colorguard Members:
- Monday: NO REHEARSAL
- Tuesday: NO REHEARSAL
- Wednesday: NO REHEARSAL
- Thursday: NO REHEARSAL
- Friday: NO REHEARSAL
0hours and 0 minutes of AM/PM rehearsal this week
TRIP TO ORLANDO
Payment #2 of $175 is due October 15 (today!!).
- Go to https://www.charmsoffice.com/ and click on the blue Login button in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Login to the Charms system through the PARENTS/STUDENTS/MEMBERS area by entering the School Code of jpshsband. Hit the green button that says Enter Student/Parent Area.
- You will use 1 of the 3 options on this screen to enter your password:
- OPTION #1 – If trip participant is a current Stevens Band Student, enter your Charms password under Student Area Password (Case Sensitive!). Click on Finances. Near the center of the screen you will see an area that is titled Trip Ledger Detail. Click on the —–SELECT TRIP—– button and select 2018 Orlando Band Trip –Students. Click on the Make Trip Payment button and proceed to make a credit or debit card payment.
- OPTION #2 – If trip participant is a Parent, Chaperone, or family member – you must first email Mr. D at email@example.com requesting your password. There is a separate account and password for every trip participant. Once you receive the email from Mr. D with your password, enter your Charms password under Trip Chaperone Password. Click on Trip Statement. You will see an area that is titled Chaperone Trip Statement. Click on the Select Trip to Pay button and select 2018 Orlando Band Trip –Chaperones. Click on the Make Trip Payment button and proceed to make a credit or debit card payment.
- OPTION #3 – Non-Parent Volunteer ID will not be used.
- You will see the amount you owe vary from students to non-student participants. This will change based on the number of participants staying in a room. We will discuss rooming lists at a later time, but if you know of someone you’d prefer to room with, begin discussing those possibilities with them.
- If you have any questions regarding the trip, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is going to be a blast!!
BAND & GUARD FEES PAST DUE
***PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS ITEM IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS
IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO!!***
***OUTSTANDING BALANCE WILL BE SUBMITTED TO ADMINISTRATION THIS WEEK***
***CASH, CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER CAN BE SENT TO THE BAND OFFICE***
***YOU MAY USE ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION BELOW***
- Go to www.charmsoffice.com
- Select LOGIN in upper right corner and login as a student
- Enter the school code of JPSHSBand
- Enter the student’s password (if you forgot password, email email@example.com and I will reset password to the student’s 6 digit NISD ID#)
- Once properly logged in, student’s name will appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Select FINANCES at the top of the page
- Select Make Miscellaneous Payment
- Enter Amount being paid, Description is 2017-2018 Band Fees
- Proceed with PayPal transaction (you do not need a PayPal account to pay online, you may proceed as a guest)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding payment
OFFICIAL STEVENS BAND CALENDAR
CONCESSIONS SIGN UP!
Below is the link sign up today. Thanks for volunteering!!
- To Mr. Maldonado for attending our UIL performance and helping hand out water to The Sound! What an amazing leader!! #StevensProud #ItStartsWithHim
- To ALL of the Stevens Band Family members that ran UIL Marching Contest yesterday. If you attended UIL as an audience member, and you noticed the workers wearing Stevens attire, that can be you next year! Kudos to Mr. Juan Carreno and his team of workers for making UIL as successful contest for NISD schools, and beyond!!
- To the Chaperones and Flight Crew – words cannot describe the gratitude we need to express for all you do. There is no Sound without your love for this program. #Awesome #Amazing
- To The Sound of Northside for making our journey through THE WOODS the best marching production in Stevens Band History #ItStartsHere
FOLLOW US/STAY CONNECTED
- RECEIVE UPDATES VIA TEXT MESSAGE –
- Open the texting app on your phone
- Text to this phone number: 40404
- Message must be: FOLLOW NISDstevensband(follow in upper case, make sure there is a space between FOLLOW and NISDstevensband)
- BAND WEBSITE – www.jpshsband.org
- OFFICIAL STEVENS BAND CALENDAR – http://www.jpshsband.org/charms-calendar/
- FACEBOOK – www.facebook.com/jpsfalconband
- TWITTER – www.twitter.com/NISDstevensband
- INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/shs_thesound/?hl=en
- EMAIL – email@example.com
- SUBCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER – http://jpshsband.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=64bb707bd79613042f9be786e&id=81aebdbbdf
OCT 24 – Band and Colorguard pictures taken during classes (look pretty) (all students must take pic)
OCT 25 – TFME Middle School Region Band mentoring session (selected students) 5-7PM @SHS
OCT 27 – Drumline performs at Murnin ES before school
NOV 1 – Marching Band rehearsal @7AM
NOV 2 – Senior Pep Rally Day @7AM
NOV 2 – Football vs. John Jay @7PM @GUS
NOV 9 – Fine Arts Veteran’s Day Program (Wind Ensemble & Jazz Bands) @7PM in AUD
NOV 10 – Wind Ensemble Veteran’s Day Program for Adam’s Hill ES @9PM
NOV 10/11 – Football Game (date and time are TBD…more specifics after the Jay game)
NOV 14 – Band & Colorguard Parent Meeting @7PM in LBH
NOV 15/16 – TMEA District Band Auditions at Warren HS @5PM
NOV 18-26 – Thanksgiving Break!!!
***OFFICIAL STEVENS BAND CALENDAR – http://www.jpshsband.org/charms-calendar/
See ya soon 🙂 –